Bradford Hate Crime Alliance – Privacy Statement
Our contact details:
Name: Bradford Hate Crime Alliance (BHCA)
Address: Mary Seacole Court, Park Road, Bradford, BD5 0SW
Telephone: 08001 691 664, mobile 07483 988132
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is:
UK GDPR Article 6(1)(e) gives a lawful basis for processing personal data (only and to the extent that it is) necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Your personal data is being collected to support the ongoing strategy to eliminate hate crime in Bradford. The BHCA Charity exists to help create safe and integrated communities.
It is working collaboratively to provide a range of reporting pathways and offer support to victims of hate crime, their families and community.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
How we get the personal information and why we have it?
In deciding what personal information to collect, use and hold, we are committed to making sure that:
- Only collect, hold, and use personal information where it is necessary and fair to do so.
- Keep your personal information secure and safe.
- Securely delete any personal information when it is no longer needed.
- Be open with individuals about how we use their information and who we share it with
- Adopt and maintain high standards in handling any personal information.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You are personally reporting a Hate Crime Incident
- You are reporting a Hate Crime Incident on behalf of somebody else
- You are making a safeguarding referral.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- WestYorkshirePolice – following the reporting of a Hate Crime Incident
- Local or Independent Educational Authorities–via a referral to report a HateCrime
Local Authority Prevent Team – to report a Hate Crime Incident
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- The reason you provided the information (such as submitting a record of hate crime incident)
- To monitor our performance in responding to your request
- To allow us to communicate with you and provide updates appropriate to your incident.
- To meet any legal requirements that Bradford Hate Crime Alliance are subject to
- Where you have consented to the processing of your data
- Where processing is necessary for the prevention and/or detection of crime
- Where it is necessary to protect individuals from harm or injury
We may disclose personal information to any third party involved, but only where it is required by law or allowed under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may share this information with:
- Local Educational Authorities
BHCA may also use and publish your personal data after it has been anonymised, to allow the statistical analysis of data so the BHCA can effectively target and plan improvements in hate crime incidents.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on Bradford Hate Crime Alliance secure IT systems.
We only hold personal data information for as long as it is needed or required by law and then we will dispose of it securely. Electronic records will be deleted, and paper records sh redded.
Your data protection rights, e.g., access, rectification.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you thin k is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Should you wish to make a request, please contact us at:
Email; firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone; 08001691664,mobile07483988132
How to complain
Bradford Hate Crime Alliance
Mary Seacole Court
West Yorkshire BD5 0SW
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at
You can also complain to the ICO (Information Commissioner s Office) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House
Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk